Aymara Food Organic Chia
Chia is a herbaceous plant of the Lamiaceae family, native to Mexico. This sage was cultivated by Amerindians for its food seeds in pre-Columbian times. Chia seeds, which were one of the staples of the diet of several ancient peoples of Mexico, were also used for medicinal purposes and as offerings to the Aztec gods.
In pre-Columbian times, roasted or ground chia seed was the third most important food source after corn and beans. For the Aztecs, chia seed was a staple food, and was also used to make a refreshing drink.
Its healing properties were also highly valued for the treatment of infections.
The best way to enjoy organic chia seeds
Chia seeds can be enjoyed with vegetable milk, yoghurt, salad, fruit, sauce, soup, creams, vegetables, and much more. You can even buy it ground to prepare desserts to enjoy its benefits.
To lose weight, the recommended dose is 25 grams of chia per day. Before your two main meals, prepare a glass of water or a glass of fruit juice. Remember you should drink two litres of water a day for the chia to work.
Showing the single result
Food Organic Chia
- High omega-3 content: reduces LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Excellent for the heart
- High fibre content: very filling, chia has the ability to absorb 10 to 12 times its weight in water.
- High source of antioxidants.
- High source of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
- Contains about 23% protein.
- Good source of vitamin B9.
- It improves muscle tone and tissue regeneration
- It does not contain gluten.
- Moreover, it has no particular flavour or smell.
- It provides energy for the whole day.
- Chia seeds lower cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure.
- It facilitates digestion.